Friday, August 3, 2012

In Cinemas This Weekend: A rude, crude talking teddy bear!

Once again there are not many films being released in cinemas this weekend, only two on show nationwide. However this week sees one of the films I have been looking forward to ever since I heard it was written, directed and starring the creator of Family Guy. So despite there not being much on, at least this week sees a film coming out that I do want to see. The other film is one that is certainly aimed at children so this weekend you have a teddy bear who can swear and hump anything in sight, and in contrast a wimpy kid attempting to be an adult on a day out. Irony really strikes this weekend's releases. Have a look at them below and I do promise over the next few weeks there is more coming out, although in my eyes this weekend is an easy choice.


1. A living, breathing, talking teddy bear is the concept of the first release of the week, TED. Mark Wahlberg stars as the man who still has his teddy bear, who as a child wished could speak and guess what happened. When Mark moves in with girlfriend Mila Kunis he realises it is time he got rid of his sex loving, alcohol bingeing, drug taking and prostitute buying teddy bear despite him being his best friend. Also starring: Seth MacFarlane & Joel McHale. Wish your bear could talk?

Ted trailer

2. The second release this week is the third instalment of the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid franchise. This one being DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: DOG DAYS and following Greg, played by Zachary Gordon, as he plans his entire summer vacation. Unfortunately for him and his mate all doesn't go according to plan and his summer is destined to be a disaster. Also starring: Robert Capron, Devon Bostick & Steve Zahn. Will the wimpy kid save the summer?

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days trailer



That is the only two releases this week, both like I said being an ironic contrast of one another. I am already aware what I'll be seeing this weekend and it is the story of a talking teddy. You will have to read my review next weekend as I am away for a week as of today and won't be able to update to you, so expect a backlash of posts next weekend which will give you my lowdown on Ted, and possibly the film I may see next weekend if I have chance. Until then enjoy your cinema trip and I'll catch you in a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment