The latest Steve Carell film, Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World, was released last week and has been greeted with some pretty decent reviews. The question I want to ask then is which of his films is your favourite? Now I don't want the films he has small cameos in or is part of a bigger ensemble, such as Anchorman which I would argue is a Will Ferrell film, but the films he is the leading man in. Have a look at the five I have selected below for which film that Steve Carell is the leading man in is the best.
1. CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE - Released last year Carell plays a man who has recently split from his wife and attempts to get back in the dating game via 'training' from ladies man Ryan Gosling.
2. DATE NIGHT - Starring alongside Tina Fey as a married couple who become tangled in a web of conspiracy and false identity when they pinch another couple's reservation in a posh restaurant.
3. EVAN ALMIGHTY - The sequel to Bruce Almighty, Carell still plays the character of Evan Baxter only this time he is the one communicating with God. Evan must build an arc and gather all who must survive in the story much like Noah's.
4. GET SMART - Carell is Maxwell Smart, a secret agent who is promoted due to the death of everyone else in the organisation. Completely incompetent at his job Smart must attempt to save the World much like James Bond crossed with Johnny English.
5. THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN - Steve Carell's first leading role in which he plays a man who has yet to sleep with a woman. His friends at work decide to do all they can to get his sex life kick started despite their different views on women to his.
There are others which are good, and Little Miss Sunshine doesn't quite qualify as he isn't the leading man, but there are others there that are pretty good and if you think of any others scribble them in the comments below.