A large number of films are released in cinemas this weekend, and looking at the showing times of the films it is clear to see that there are now many films to see with minimal chances to view them. A few weeks ago there weren't many films to choose from but there were hundreds of times to actually see it in a day. Perhaps at the minute this is because there hasn't really been a large film released recently. This can only mean that many will struggle to decide which film to head out and see this weekend so have a look below at what is out and see if any of them seem like the one you will pick.
1. Ever wandered what the US President does in his spare time? Ever wondered why we live a happy life, vampire free? Ever thought that this could be due to the 16th US President being a vampire hunter at night, attempting to prevent the vampire race from taking over the human race? Well now you can see a film which shows you what if that was real. Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov brings his visual expertise to ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, which shows Benjamin Walker's Lincoln fight to stop Rufus Sewell's vampire. Also starring: Dominic Cooper & Anthony Mackie. A twist on history?
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter trailer
2. 26 years ago a nuclear reactor exploded in Ukraine which caused large contamination over Eastern Europe. CHERNOBYL DIARIES is a film about six tourists visiting the abandoned power plant as a holiday adventure, however when they get there they are not alone and the contamination may have been worse than everyone could ever imagine. Starring: Jesse McCartney, Jonathan Sadowski, Olivia Dudley, & Nathan Phillips. Want to know the truth?
Chernobyl Diaries trailer
3. THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT is exactly what it says. Jason Segel plays Tom, a smitten boyfriend who proposes to his girlfriend Violet, Emily Blunt, after a year of dating. Five years later they are still engaged due to unexpected events getting in their way. Will they ever walk down the aisle? Also starring: Chris Pratt & Alison Brie. Every girl's worst nightmare?
The Five-Year Engagement trailer
4. Men must team together in romantic comedy THINK LIKE A MAN, when each of their partners start using Steve Harvey's Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man book as the way to treat their man. The men get together and attempt to turn the tables on their women and prove that the advice is wrong. Starring: Chris Brown, Gabrielle Union, Kevin Hart & Michael Ealy. Do you think like a man?
Think Like A Man trailer
5. Bruce Willis is back on comedy form in LAY THE FAVOURITE in which he plays one of a group of men who invite a younger woman to become involved in their scam of working the sports book system in Las Vegas to their advantage. Also starring: Rebecca Hall, Vince Vaughn & Catherine Zeta Jones. Play the rigged odds?
Lay The Favourite trailer
6. Finally is little known film VICTIM. A film about a young man's attempt to break out of a cycle of violence after a young girl comes to stay with her cousin in the City. When they get together it creates a string of jealousy and revenge that means this violent circle could be unbreakable. Starring: Ashley Chin, Ashley Madekwe, Jason Maza & Anna Nightingale. Are you ever the victim?
6 films for you to choose from then, although none of them really stand out and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Chernobyl Diaries are the only two film's trailers I have seen in the cinema. The others are all available online, and are posted here, but some have been released unnoticed. Let's hope that doesn't spoil the film's release. I unfortunately can't make the cinema this weekend so you will have to wait till the middle of next week to read the review of the film I manage to see at the beginning of next week.