This week we find 5 new mainstream released films hitting screens across the UK. None of these releases however seem to have had a large amount of marketing which is slightly odd considering the acting and directing talent that will be on show. Perhaps it is due to the two big films released last week. Even so I will use this as a way to market these films as I'm sure many of you won't have heard of some of these despite their release. Have a look below and see if any float your boat.
1. First up is a film produced by George Lucas, RED TAILS. The film stars Cuba Gooding Jr as an African American fighter pilot who have faced segregation, due to their colour, during training, however due to the large number of aerial attacks they are called into duty and they take to the sky as the red tails, hell bent on winning the battle for their race. Also starring: Gerald McRaney, David Oyelowo & Andre Royo. Aerial action adventure?
Red Tails trailer
2. The next release is a horror mystery called THE PACT, about a woman struggling to deal with her past after her mother's death. Whilst she comes to terms with her loss an unsettling presence emerges in her house and threatens to force her horrifying past into the present. Starring: Caity Lotz, Casper Van Dien, Agnes Bruckner & Mark Steger. Want to make a pact?
The Pact trailer
3. Will Ferrell is back on our screens only this time he speaks Spanish. In CASA DE MI PADRE he takes his comedy to another language as one of two brothers who find themselves at war with Mexico's most feared drug lord. Also starring: Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna & Nick Offerman. Read a funny film?
Casa De Mi Padre trailer
4. Simon Pegg is up next in A FANTASTIC FEAR OF EVERYTHING where he plays a children's author who wants to become a crime and thriller novelist, however during his research into serial killers he becomes paranoid as to what is real and what isn't, and he believes that he himself is becoming the target of a killer. What is true and what is fantasy? Also starring: Zaak Conway, Filippo Delaunay & Alan Drake. See the weird world of an author?
A Fantastic Fear Of Everything trailer
5. Finally is the directorial debut from Ben Drew, aka Plan B. The film is called ILL MANORS and is based on Ben's life as a teenager growing up on the rough streets of London. Expect drugs, sex and violence, and one hell of a soundtrack. Starring: Riz Ahmed, Ed Skrein, Natalie Press & Anouska Mond. A take on Plan B's life?
Ill Manors trailer
There are your major releases of the week. I have not really seen much on any of these films which leaves me with a dilemma as what to see this weekend. As well as these though you do have whichever film you didn't see last week out of Prometheus or Snow White And The Huntsman. This week is a tough week to choose from, which will you see?